Companies that provide goods and services to federal, state, and local government entities face a complex and comprehensive array of statutes and regulations that govern their business activities. The firm is well-positioned to assist government contractors of all sizes in making the most of the opportunities offered by public procurements, while minimizing the unique risks and pitfalls that arise when doing business with the government.
Examples of government contract matters in which the firm and its principal attorney have played key roles include:
- Representation of a canine supply and training company in a successful bid protest relating to DOD’s award of a multi-million dollar contract for providing training services to various Naval Special Warfare components
- Representation of a sensor systems developing in preventing a threatened default termination and successfully negotiating a favorable monetary settlement of termination for convenience claims under multi-million dollar satellite technology subcontracts involving government end users
- Representation of defense industry clients in connection with all aspects of various prime contractor – subcontractor disputes
- Representation of a large defense contractor in advisory matters relating to SBA regulations governing teaming agreements and joint venture arrangements
- Representation of an information technology company in a successful bid protest challenging a task order award based upon the awardee’s undisclosed organizational conflicts of interest
- Representation of a federal contractor in a successful GAO bid protest challenging the award of a $750 million contract to the client’s competitor
- Representation of a construction company in connection with a successful Court of Federal Claims bid protest challenging unequal treatment in connection with a contract for residential military housing
- Representation of a defense contractor in an internal investigation and related compliance initiatives addressing compliance with the False Claims Act and the Truth in Negotiations Act.