Our approach to business planning and transactional matters is based on the belief that the best legal advice before a major business transaction comes from a collaborative approach with those who regularly litigate the disputes that arise from those transactions. The firm has provided transactional support to businesses in a variety of industries, including hospitality and entertainment, defense contracting, real estate, and consumer retail. This transactional support is informed by the depth of the firm’s commercial litigation experience, which provides a unique advantage with respect to anticipating pitfalls, assessing risks, and avoiding problems before they arise. Services the firm can offer range from routine contract reviews and due diligence support, to detailed strategic advice and drafting assistance in connection with transactional documents relating to complex multi-million dollar transactions across a wide range of industry and business sectors.
Examples of transactional projects in which our attorneys have played significant roles include:
- Providing comprehensive legal support for a New York agricultural technology company, including advice on corporate governance issues, drafting of board resolutions, and drafting support and compliance advice in connection with issuance of a Private Placement Memorandum;
- Drafting LLC Operating Agreements and supporting documents for companies in industries ranging from defense contracting and aeronautics to property development and interior design;
- Drafting Non-Disclosure Agreements and advising a security services provider concerning the protection of proprietary technical data
- Drafting Non-Competition Agreements and advising clients concerning enforceable mechanisms for protecting regional market share
- Participating in due diligence reviews and preparation of supporting documentation for a multi-million dollar commercial debt offering.
The firm’s goal in connection with all transactional and business planning matters is to provide not just the best legal advice, but the best business solution as well. Our competitive rates also allow clients to maximize efficient use of their resources while still obtaining the benefit of detailed strategic planning when contemplating major corporate changes or pursuing new project development opportunities.